Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Rebecca ~ Feb. 18th post


Hello everyone~ So glad you could stop by!  Today I have a card to share that I made for Craft Dee BowZ.  I wanted the pleasure of making a vintage style card that could be used for many occasions~ Valentine's Day, an anniversary, wedding or engagement.  This one fits the bill...

RebeccaDeeprose vintage-1

I began with a vintage image from Pion Papers and then began digging through paper scraps and bits of lace. With some more time, I would have layered more textures and papers, but time puts a rein on me...not a bad thing actually!...

RebeccaDeeprose vintage-2

The edges of the photo were distressed and inked, then mounted on torn vellum.  Some scroll shaped appliqués had been cut from some deep bridal style trim and had been lingering in a drawer.  A piece of torn and painted cardboard was used as the base for them...

RebeccaDeeprose vintage-3

Working with 7/8" wide, white satin ribbon, I made two single bows on my Craft Dee BowZ tool.  This weight of satin ribbon didn't make a double bow that I was happy with, so instead I made two seperate singles and adhered them together.  It's often necessary to apply a little weight to the center of the bows as they dry to reduce the bulk.  A lead weight is my preferred tool!  Once dry, I glued a delicate, fabric flower over the center.  The results make me smile...

RebeccaDeeprose vintage-4

Machine stitching is used all around this card and on many of the components.  I love the mix of colors (whites through creams) of lace along with the changes in pattern sizes.  The panel of lace that flows over the diagonal pocket is the largest pattern I used.  The lower edges were fussy cut to show off the pretty flowers.  The diagonal edge is embellished with two different lace trim scraps...nothing pretty goes to waste around here ;)
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day...

((hugs)) and Blessings,
Rebecca